Friday, April 26, 2013

Breaking it down... on the dance floor, that is

Tonight, Chris and I are headed to a wedding. Anyone who knows me knows I love any excuse to break it down on the dance floor! Chris? He likes to watch---He'll jump in for a few songs, but prefers to smirk/laugh at me from the sidelines. He is also entertained by my extended family members and their "moves".

I am not particularly graceful but I love to dance! I get it honestly. My family as an extended unit (siblings, parents, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.) can be quite a force to reckon with on the dance floor; this is especially true if the band decides to play songs from the 60s, 70s, or early 80s. Watch out! 

SIDE NOTE: I swear to you. Chris just came home from work five minutes ago. His comment to me thirty seconds ago: "Dear blessed. Please don't hurt yourself tonight dancing. I have a bad feeling about this..."

Hmm...a pregnant woman dancing? Seems totally normal to me. I'm sure there will be a few strange looks or laughs as I "work" the electric slide and human train around the floor tonight, pregnant belly, high heels and all, but heck, why not?!

As I look toward my third trimester, I feel awesome. Yes, I'm gaining weight. Yes, my back lets me know it. But otherwise, life is good. I feel especially blessed that my good health has coincided with Spring! Sunshine, fresh cut grass, and budding flowers on the trees also add to my euphoria! 

So, how ridiculous might I look tonight on the dance floor? I am sure Chris will be telling me to hold back all night. The reality is that our kid is going to have to learn dance moves from someone... might as well start in utero! 


No comments:

Post a Comment